How do I set up my email account in Outlook Express?
To send and receive emails using Outlook Express, you will need to create a profile in the software that holds all the information needed to connect to the mail server. Please follow the steps below.
- Click on the 'Tools' menu, then on the 'Accounts' option in Outlook Express.
- Click on the 'Add' button and select 'Mail'.
- Enter your name in the 'Display name' (eg. Joe Blogs) field and click 'Next'.
- In the 'E-mail address' field enter the email address that you want your mail to be sent from (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Select POP3 as the type of your incoming mail server (IMAP can be used if required).
- Enter mail.example.com (replace example.com with your domain name) as both the 'Incoming mail server' and 'Outgoing mail server' before clicking 'Next'.
- In the 'Account name' field enter your accounts username and domain name in the format of email@example.com. Enter your accounts password in the 'Password' field.
- Click the 'Next' button, then click 'Finish'.
- Highlight the account you have just created and click on the 'Properties' button.
- Click on the 'Servers' tab and check the 'My server requires authentication' option.
- Click 'OK' and then click 'Close'.
You should now be able to send and receive emails from Outlook Express.