What happens when my domain expires?
When you register a domain name, you are in effect, leasing the right to use the domain for the period purchased, so to remain the owner of the domain name, you must renew it. It's very important that you keep us informed of changes to your email address, otherwise we shall not be able to contact you when a renewal is required.
We do not charge you more to renew. Renewals are charged at the usual price of new registrations.
We will send you several renewal reminders by email to the email address we have on record for you, starting at 60 days before the expiry date. These emails will contain a unique secure link through which you can pay for the renewal of your domain by credit/debit card, or have an invoice sent to you, so you can pay by cheque. You can also renew through your Customer Area.
If you do not renew your domain name, then it will eventually drop back into the system for the general public to register.
Other Questions In This Category
- I made a mistake in the spelling of the domain name, can I correct it?
- How much do you charge to renew a domain name?
- How do I transfer my domain name to PlugSocket?
- What will happen to my domain if I do not renew it before the expiry date?
- How do I know if a domain is available to register?
- More Articles..